available March through November
Forestiere Underground Gardens is an open air museum. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is a California Registered Historical Landmark No. 916. In order to preserve the character of the grounds, we offer access by guided tour only, from March through November. All tour availability is subject to the weather.
2017 TOUR RATES
ADULTS - $17
DISCOUNTED Rate - $15 for:
Seniors aged 60+, college students with ID, active duty military with ID
CHILDREN - $8 (ages 5 through 17)
Children 4 and under are FREE
PRICES AND SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Sometimes you have to go beneath the surface to find what you’re looking for. This was true for Baldassare Forestiere, and it will be for you, too, on one of our guided tours! Tours start at the top of every hour and last about an hour. All tours are on a first-come, first-served basis (there are no pre-sale tickets). We recommend arriving 10 to 15 minutes before the tour time you choose, but reservations for parties of 15 or more is required.
The Forestiere Underground Gardens cannot accommodate pets, strollers, wheelchairs wider than 26", or motorized chairs/scooters of any type. No smoking, food/drink (other than personal water bottles) permitted on tour.
QUESTIONS? Call us at 559-271-0734 during business hours, or email us at email@example.com
- These are *guided* tours. Stay with your group and tour host so you don't get lost!
- All of the fruit on the tour and the grounds is considered "forbidden fruit" - no picking it!
- We are a "true earth" environment and our hardpan planters, walls and surfaces are delicate. Please do not sit or climb on the planters or furnishings.
- Photos of the historic site are vacation photos for your personal enjoyment. All rights to photos taken of the site remain with the Forestiere Underground Gardens, and may not be copyrighted or sold. (please see our photo policy)
- Please keep your children with you at all times. Our open air museum can be exciting for children, but it is not a playground.
The Forestiere Underground Gardens cannot accommodate pets, strollers,
wheelchairs wider than 26", or motorized scooters.
2017 tour schedule
MARCH - Saturday and Sunday only, 11 AM to 3 PM
APRIL * MAY * SEPTEMBER * OCTOBER
Wednesday thru Friday, 11 AM to 4 PM; Saturday and Sunday, 10 AM to 4 PM
JUNE thru AUGUST - Wednesday thru Sunday, 10 AM to 4 PM
NOVEMBER - Wednesday thru Sunday, 11 AM to 3 PM
OPEN MEMORIAL DAY, INDEPENDENCE DAY, AND LABOR DAY - 10 AM to 4 PM
(* CLOSED THANKSGIVING DAY *)
We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays (except for select holidays), as well as the months of December, January and February. SCHEDULES MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
In addition, tour availability is subject to weather conditions. This means we may be closed after several days of rain, an overnight storm or wet weather during operating hours. If conditions call for rain, please call ahead - 559-271-0734.
(see current Fresno weather conditions).